Saturday, February 27, 2016

Blogging Re-Entry

Over the course of the last decade, I blogged quite a bit. Before law school, I started a photo/concert blog. During law school, I kept up a blog to give updates about law stories and my law school experience. When I started working as a lawyer, I realized a major chunk of my job was researching and writing. This left me to feel that blogging was no longer relaxing.

Lately, though, as I become more and more of a soccer fan, I've looked for an outlet to write about the beautiful game. I've written a couple of articles for the Massive Report, but they don't always get published. I feel like a leach posting fan posts. Over the next few days, I'm going to re-post those articles about referees and trademarks. The goal is to post one or two creative posts a month.

First, a little bit about my logo and my blog's URL. My best friend is a fantastic graphic designer, and he created this logo for me.



As my last name begins with the letter F, this logo represents many things related to the letter F. It is intentionally drawn in the style of a soccer badge.

Faith - The outline of the logo is a shield, as in the shield of faith found in Acts 17:11. In addition, the prominent cross that is the center of the structure represents my Christian faith.

Football - Of course, we call is soccer in the United States. The soccer ball represents the main topic of this blog, and pretty much the only sport I enjoy watching (with the occasional exception of ice hockey).

Freedom - As a lawyer, I understand how important the rule of law, freedom, and justice are to the United States. The scales of justice display this important area of my life.

Family - The star that always shines on this badge are like the family members, both blood and adopted, who are always there for you.

Friends - The club that I support is Columbus Crew SC. The color scheme of the logo is the same of that club. The fans are known for the black and gold checkered flag. The logo contains a similar checkered design that illustrates the joy of spending time with friends.

There are many other Fs that I enjoy: Food, Fotography, Fun, Forward motion (traveling), and Fetch (my dog, Jake). The possibilities are endless, and always clean in my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment